SMBSYV Advanced Studies in Cell and Molecular Biology (85 cr)
The main focus of the advanced studies in cell and molecular biology is on the molecular mechanisms of life, focusing on nanobiology, in particular microbiology, virology, and protein structure and function. In addition to the major subject studies, students are encouraged to take minors from the other disciplines offered in the university such as other natural sciences, statistics, computer sciences, business studies or social sciences.
After completing the Advanced studies in Cell and Molecular Biology, students
- will have deep understanding of basic concepts and theories in cell and molecular biology.
- are able to conduct scientific research as a part of a multidisciplinary research teams under supervision and are able to evaluate research results.
- are able to plan and execute laboratory experiments using modern molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology and analyze large datasets.
- are able to contribute to scientific and societal discourse and is able to work in international teams both in Finnish and in English.
- are able to apply scientific thinking in their own and other fields.
- uphold high scientific and ethical principles.
Compulsory StudiesSelect all (44–54 cr)
Compulsory StudiesSelect all (32 cr)
Valitse toinenSelect 1 pcs. (12 cr / 24 cr)
Structural biologySelect all (12 cr)
Optional StudiesSelect min. 9 cr