KTTP4110 Introduction to Finance (8 cr)
The lecture course gives an introduction to finance and to financial markets. The key points are asset pricing, portfolio diversification and optimization, the concept of risk, and efficient market hypothesis. In addition, the lecture course gives an introduction to basic corporate finance including topics such as the evaluation of investment projects, capital structure of a corporation and the determination of dividend policy.
• recognize, define, and report basic concepts and theories of finance and to evaluate the applications and restrictions of these theories
• to apply theories of finance to investment decisions and basic problems of corporate finance
• to identify, report and analyze the structure of financial markets and the behavior of financial institutions at a general level
• to analyze market behavior and report the analysis results
Description of prerequisites
- Brealey, R., Myers, S. & Allen, F. 2011. Principles of Corporate Finance. 10. painos.; ISBN: 978-0-07-131417-6