HISA1015 Historical Methods (5 cr)
Department of History and Ethnology
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023, 2023-2024
The course focuses on the main methods used in history research through lectures and demonstrations.
After completing the course, the student will:
- be familiar with the main aspects and approaches of historical research, as well as the theoretical and methodological starting points
- be familiar with the most important research methods and be able to apply some of them
- understand the interpretive nature of research
- be aware of the ethical aspects of historical research
- have honed their teamwork and information retrieval skills and
- be able to analyse a variety of texts critically.
These completion methods are for University of Jyväskylä degree students. Other options:
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Participation in teaching (5 cr)
Participation in teaching