HISA013 Research Literature in History (5 cr)
Department of History and Ethnology
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023
Taught course. Students in other degree programmes do not complete this course.
During the course, students practise the basics of academic reporting, analysing historical research and constructing historical knowledge. Students read two books and prepare written reports and oral presentations on them. The reports and presentations are discussed in the seminar.
Attendance, written assignments, presentations, active participation in discussion.
After completing the course, the student will:
- be able to critically analyse research literature written in different languages
- have an understanding of written and oral communication about the study of history
- understand how historical knowledge is created and how historical research differs from other academic literature
- be able to critically evaluate the construction of historical research in terms of the theoretical, methodological, epistemological and research ethical approaches
- have an advanced understanding of the history of the two research themes and periods
- have honed their teamwork and information retrieval skills.
Learning material is assigned during the course.
These completion methods are for University of Jyväskylä degree students. Other options:
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Participation in teaching (5 cr)
Participation in teaching