MUSSYV Advanced Studies in Music and Science (80+ cr)
The right to advanced studies can be granted if basic and subject studies have been completed with at least good knowledge (3/5).
Applications are open once a year in the spring. The right to study can be granted on the basis of the reasons presented in the application, the need for the separate study unit applied for, and academic success.
After completing advanced studies in musicology, students can:
- explain the main goals, starting points, and principles of musicology from an empirical perspective
- understand the interdisciplinary nature of music research
- analyse and evaluate research data in specialised fields of music studies
- apply the methods used in empirical music research
- independently implement a research project utilising the methods of musicological research and/or music/art therapy
- acquire and evaluate the latest scientific research data in the field
- act as an expert in and developer of the music and culture sector or related welfare sector in working life, and solve problem situations that occur in these tasks in creative ways
- actively develop their own musical and scientific expertise
Optional studies in Music and ScienceSelect 20 cr / 50 cr
Working life studies IISelect 5–11 cr / 30 cr