KPTJOHKOK Leadership in Education (15–25 cr)
Concepts, theories and practices of leadership, the significance of leadership, pedagogical leadership, human resources management, financial management, educational policy, competency on leadership, professional identity
Upon completion of the module
- The student gains knowledge of the key concepts, theories and practices of leadership and builds up competence in educational leadership
- The student is able to consider the significance of leadership from the perspectives of individuals, communities, organizations, society and their mutual interactions and activities
- The student familiarizes oneself with the principles of human resources management and financial management, as well as educational policy and legislation regarding leadership
- The student reflects upon one’s own leadership competencies and professional identity.
Description of prerequisites
Ennen moduulin suorittamista opiskelijalla tulee olla suoritettuna erityispedagogiikan, kasvatustieteen, aikuiskasvatustieteen, varhaiskasvatustieteen tai psykologian aineopinnot. Tai vaihtoehtoisesti opinto-oikeus Educational Sciences tai Development, Education and International Cooperation (specialization in education) –maisteriohjelmassa.
The module is available for all the students of the Faculty of Education and Psychology. KLAS1519 Educational Leadership is a mandatory course for all students, and it is also the first course of the module.
The completion methods for each academic year will be
determined in the study program each year.
- Selection groupSelect 10–20 cr / 30 cr
Obligatory courseSelect all (5 cr)