HISPER Basic Studies in History (30 cr)
Department of History and Ethnology
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023, 2023-2024
Perusopinnoissa tutustutaan historian tutkimukseen yliopistotasolla. Historiaa tarkastellaan tapana hahmottaa maailmaa ja ihmisen toimintaa eri näkökulmista.
During their core studies, students focus on the basics of historical research and key historical phenomena.
After completing the core studies, the student will:
- be familiar with the general lines of the historical development of cultures, ideas, societies, economics and politics
- understand the nature of historical knowledge, be familiar with the basic principles of historical research and perceive history as a discipline
- be able to present what they have learned verbally and in writing
- have developed teamwork, language and information technology skills
- have practised searching for information on various themes
- be able to choose their own area of specialisation in their intermediate studies
- have developed their abilities in critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity, taking the initiative, self-reliance and collaboration.
Select all (30 cr)