XENX1000 Gaining confidence in English (1 cr)
Pass - fail
Centre for Multilingual Academic Communication
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023, 2023-2024
- Developing the courage to speak with interactive activities
- Discussing reasons for the lack of confidence in presenting or speaking in a foreign language
- Gaining experience in speaking English; getting feedback
- Getting to know tools with which to develop one's English skills
Contact teaching and independent study. Compulsory attendance in class tutorials.
At the end of the course, students are expected to:
- Have more courage to speak English,
- Identify feelings, thoughts and attitudes that are involved when speaking English, and have a realistic idea of their own skills level,
- Have the courage to participate in other English courses,
- Know how to develop their English further.
TARGET GROUP: Primarily intended for JYU degree students as a preparatory course before the degree specific compulsory course
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: A2 - B2 (lower intermediate - upper intermediate)
Compulsory and active participation. Successful completion of core assignments.
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Teaching (1 cr)
Participation in teaching
Pass - fail