JSBP9170 Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (LITO) (5 cr)
· Central concepts in CSR
- CSR and sustainable development
- Definitions of CSR
- Why CSR matters – the business case
- Stakeholder salience
· Working with stakeholders
- Political CSR
- Cross-sector partnerships and CSR
- Multi-stakeholder initiatives and CSR
- CSR and human rights
· CSR in company operations
- Human resource management (HRM) and CSR
- CSR and supply chain
- CSR and sustainable consumption
- CSR – minimum wage and living wage
· Examples of CSR
- CSR and communication
- CSR and corruption
- CSR and leadership
- CSR and responsible investment
- CSR and social entrepreneurship
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- define and apply key concepts and perspectives regarding CSR
- identify relevant issues and analyse the challenges related to corporate responsibility in selected industries
- describe the role of CSR in business and in relation to wider international political and economic issues
- describe the different aspects through which organizational practices can be CSR-oriented
- apply key concepts of CSR in their daily work.
In addition, the students will be able to analyse CSR literature, organise their work independently and work in a virtual environment.
The course will be conducted in English.
The latest information about the course is updated and published at www.lito.fi.
Description of prerequisites
The links to the required reading materials will be provided on the learning platform.