JSBP9120 Basics of Marketing and Sale (LITO) (5 cr)
- Key marketing concepts, definitions and phenomena now and before
- Understanding these concepts in diverse contexts: The differences between consumer logic and business-to-business logic
- Customer-centred thinking and value creation
- Customer-oriented strategy in a changing business environment
- Key concepts and phenomena in consumer marketing
- Business-to-business marketing and organisational buying behaviour
- Marketing communication channels and content
- Sales processes in consumer and business-to-business contexts, as well as personal sales and interaction skills at different phases of sales processes
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- describe the role of marketing in an organisation and identify the significance of customer orientation in both the development of the organisation and personal actions
- apply the key concepts of marketing (e.g. customer-perceived value, the value creation process, the brand, the marketing mix and segmentation) in decision-making and evaluate decisions
- describe the diverse emphases of business-to-business marketing and consumer marketing, and the key characteristics of both logics
- identify and utilise key marketing communication channels in the fickle business environment
- understand sales processes in their entirety, the different parts of them in both consumer and business-to-business sales.
In addition to core marketing skills, the course develops working life skills, such as
- problem-solving and project management skills
- critical thinking / information assessment skills
- the analysis and application of information
- the utilisation digital platforms
- written and oral expression.
The literature is mainly in English. Students may submit their assignments either in Finnish or English.
The latest information about the course is updated and published at www.lito.fi.
Description of prerequisites
The instructors will specify the literature at the beginning of the course.