XSUX1001 My Finnish (5 cr)
The aim of the course is to provide students with basic level language skills that enable them to cope in simple everyday situations – using basic phrases and vocabulary – and talk about themselves and their surroundings.
Completion of the course requires active participation and attendance as well as returning the given tasks/exercises within the agreed schedule. At the end of the course, there will be an exam (skill-areas: speaking, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, writing, and structures and vocabulary). The grade that the students receive is based on different parts of the exam.
Learning outcomes: Upon completion of the course the student:
- should be at level A1 in all/most of the language skill areas
- will be able to cope in everyday, routine situations
- will be able to talk about themself, ask questions, describe people and objects, and be able to talk about time and place
- will be familiar with the basics of Finnish communication culture as well as being able to recognize the basic differences between spoken and standard Finnish
- will be aware of the language learning strategies appropriate for them and will be able to make use of the language environment around them to develop their language skills
The aim: CEFR A1
TARGET GROUP: Beginners
Description of prerequisites
No previous knowledge/studies required, basic-level course
The package can be collected from the course teacher for a fee.