XENX017 Communication in a Multicultural Workplace (3 cr)
In this course you will learn to explain cultural identities, values and expectations as well as their influence on communication in a multicultural and multilingual workplace. You will also critically evaluate beliefs and behaviours and enhance your understanding of communication across cultures in an international workplace.
Active participation and successful completion of all assignments is required. Modes of study include workshops, simulations, projects and presentations, both collaborative and individual work.
On completion of the course the students are expected to
- be able to explain and analyze the benefits and challenges of working in a culturally diverse workplace.
- critically evaluate beliefs and behaviours in a multicultural and multilingual context.
- demonstrate understanding of communication styles in an international workplace.
- manage and monitor project work in diverse teams.
- effectively find strategies to use English as a global language.
- be familiar with conceptual frameworks related to intercultural settings.
TARGET GROUP: Degree and exchange students who need orientation and practice in the skills necessary for working in a multicultural workplace.
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: B2 -> C1