WETS1058 Identification and ecology of aquatic macrophytes (2 cr)
Department of Biological and Environmental Science
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023, 2023-2024
Lectures on macrophyte ecology, training of survey methods and species identification mainly in the field.
After the course the student knows
- The key structural traits of the aquatic macrophyte (vascular plant and bryophyte) groups
- Basics of their life histories and the environmental drivers of species distributions and community structure.
- The roles of macrophytes in the aquatic ecosystems and in ecological assessment of lakes and rivers.
- The common species in Finland, and how to identify any species.
- How to carry out field inventories of aquatic vegetation, applying standardized methods
Max 12 students are accepted according to the state of studies and dicipline
The course is offered every even numbered year in August
Time of teaching:
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Teaching (2 cr)
Participation in teaching
Compulsory attendance, identification exam