TJTJ7700 Postgraduate Seminar (4 cr)
This course aims to support doctoral students with their dissertation work (especially in the early stages of dissertation work). The course includes assignments, seminars (e.g., doctoral students' presentations of their plans for their dissertation work) and discussions. Course can be completed over the duration of the dissertation work (4 years). The course may be organized every second year.
After completing the course, the students are able to:
- Analyze dissertation work as a process and recognize important building blocks/steps of dissertation work;
- Understand academic peer review system and identify typical issues to which the reviewers pay attention;
- Familiarize themselves with exemplar articles in the information systems field (e.g., selected classics/contemporary articles);
- Plan their dissertation work and present their plans to others;
- Evaluate others' academic work and give/receive constructive feedback.