KEMA2340 Laboratory Work in Physical Chemistry part B (2 cr)
Pass - fail
Department of Chemistry
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023
Due to the renovation, the course schedule may change during the years 2020-2023.
- Thermodynamics and chemical equilibrium
- Thermochemistry and calorimetry
- Intermolecular interactions
- Properties of matter and phase changes
- Electrolytes and electrochemical cells
After completing the course the student
- is able to interpret the experimental results using theoretical models.
- can produce graphical representations of the results.
- is able to evaluate sources of error in experimental data and knows how to calculate error estimates.
- is able to draw up proper descriptions for the record.
- understands the operating principles of the measuring intruments and is able to apply them in implementations of experimental designs.
Working life skills:
- Data collection, processing, and scientific reporting.
- Evaluation of the reliability of the results.
Description of prerequisites
KEMA200 Introduction to Laboratory Work or equivalent knowledge..
KEMA2240 Thermodynamics and Chemical Equilibrium (or KEMA224 Physical Chemistry 1).
- Work instructions
- Reporting templates
- General guidelines
- Software instructions
The course is passed when each work is evaluated as passed.
Time of teaching:
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Participation in teaching (2 cr)
Participation in teaching
Pass - fail