HYTJ4001 Workplace Learning and Familiarity with the World of Work (1–5 cr)
learning in compliance with one’s doctoral study plan and reflection on it
- is able to recognise and utilise employment opportunities arising from his/her expertise
- has networked with the world of work and developed the created connections
- has proficient communication and networking skills in different operating environments
- has developed his/her general and position-specific workplace skills
- has specified his/her own areas of professional interest
- is able to assess, develop and value his/her abilities and attitudes towards continuous learning
Workplace learning and reflecting on it. The work must be demanding expert work, excluding research or research visits related to the dissertation. The tasks can also consist of serving in an academic position of trust. However, teaching or guidance are not acceptable completion modes.
Teaching language(s): Finnish, English (language of report writing)
Assignments are assessed on the basis of how the doctoral student masters the contents of the study unit and achieves the learning outcomes of the study unit. A pass requires
- demanding expert work, excluding research or research visits related to the dissertation as well as teaching and guidance
- a written report on the expert work so that the report reflects the work performance in relation to the doctoral student’s doctoral study plan and career and employment goals
For the study unit Workplace Learning and Familiarity with the World of Work, you can receive a maximum of 5 ECTS credits.