ENVS1149 Environmental impact assessment (2–5 cr)
After finishing this course
- student knows the basics in environmental impact assessment and how it is conducted in different planning processes (EIA, SEA, land-use planning, environmental permitting)
After finishing the 5cr course, student
- is able to act in expert role in practical assessment works
- can works as a member of an assessment team
- have skills in fundamental assessment methods
- knows how to plan, conduct and report an assessment taking the client's view into account
Students who have finished ECOS1085 as 2cr can only take the project part of the course (3 cr). Those who have finished ECOS1085 as 5 cr can't attend this course.
Description of prerequisites
This course is available for Master's level students of ENV, WET, ECO and CEM programs. Theory part online must be finished before proceeding to the project. If you have previously finished a course with basics in environmental impact assessment (e.g.ECOS1085, 2cr), please contact the teacher.
All material will be availble in Moodle.
Independent study (2 cr)
Course can be independently finished in Moodle.
Participation in teaching (3 cr)
In the beginning, the project is planned and scheduled together. We practice project management skills, team work and communication with the client of real-life project. During weekly meetings, skills in analysing data, assessment methods and reporting are trained. The course is bilingual and the teams working in Finnish and in English partially work together.