EDUS390 Introduction to Guidance and Counselling (5 cr)
- the concepts of guidance and counselling and their relation to other concepts such as pedagogy and therapy
- guidance and counselling services as a societal support system
- guidance and counselling fields and occupations
- life-long and life-wide guidance and counselling
- theoretical approaches in guidance and counselling with an emphasis on humanistic and constructivist approach
- have understanding of the nature of guidance and counselling services and occupations and their relations to other forms of helping
- have understanding of and be able to describe guidance and counselling as part of the societal support system, along with its main theoretical approaches
Feltham, C., & Dryden, W. (2006). Brief counselling: A practical, integrative approach (2nd ed ed.). Buckingham: Open University Press.
McLeod, J. (2013). An introduction to counselling (5th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
Suggested alternatives listed; in addition, journal articles and other sources for the essay to be discussed during lectures.