DGKA1002 Sales and buyer behavior in retailing (6 cr)
Jyväskylä University School of Business and Economics
2021-2022, 2022-2023, 2023-2024
- Characteristics and types of selling and sales management in retailing
- Sales in business-to-business and business-to-consumer context
- Market segmentation and marketing mix
- Relationship between sales and marketing planning
- Buyer behavior in business-to-business and business-to-consumer context
- Sales settings Relationship management
- Sales in international context
Student will be able to:
- Understand the implications of production, sales and marketing orientation in retailing.
- Learn the differences between sales and marketing strategies.
- Differentiate between objectives, strategies and tactics in retail business.
- Assess and evaluate strategies for approaching consumer and organizational buyers.
- Identify and compare sales techniques in retailing.
- Analyze and interpret the different motivations of consumer and organizational buyers.
- Recognize the importance of environmental and managerial impact on sales in retail business
- Learn the principles of planning, budgeting and measurement in retailing.
Materiaalit englanniksi, opiskelija voi vastata tehtäviin suomeksi. Kurssi on osa Digitaalisen kaupan opintokokonaisuutta (https://kauppa.fi). Opintojakson järjestäjä on UEF.
- Prerequisite group 1
- Prerequisite group 2
Academic articles and other materials provided by the teacher. Articles and other study material provided by the teacher.
- Jobber, D. & Lancaster, G. (2015). Selling and Sales Management (10th edition). Prentice Hall, Harlow
Independent online learning, written assignments and exam.
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Participation in teaching (6 cr)
Participation in teaching