XENI005 Professional Reporting (4 cr)
The course provides a structured process for working on a team/individual project. The assignments follow a logical progression from brainstorming, pitching, presenting, and reporting on a project.
Contact teaching, individual and group work
At the completion of the course, students are expected to
- recognize the conventions of communication and language use needed in professional life.
- understand research/writing as a process (eg. prewriting strategies, document drafts, editing iterations, group writing).
- be able to identify plagiarism and know how to avoid it
- develop their confidence in their reasoning
- understand how to function as an effective team member (e.g. cultural differences, communication practices)
- identify and use collaboration tools to complete a project
TARGET GROUPS: TJT degree students (TIE recommended)
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: B2 -> C1 (upper intermediate - advanced)