URAM003 Creating Careers (1 cr)
URAM003 Näkökulmia työelämään ja työllistymiseen / Creating Careers -course
In this course Career courses URAP002 Creating Careers, URAJ001 Creating Careers for doctoral students, and URAP001 Näkökulmia työllistymiseen are combined into a new self-study course.
URAM003 Näkökulmia työelämään ja työllistymiseen / Creating Careers gives basic information about employment, search for work, and working life. The course includes three session themes:
- General career skills and competencies (Finnish content under the title Yleiset työelämätiedot ja -taidot)
- Events and Workshops
- Academic Career: Career lectures and working life information for doctoral students
The expert lectures, events, and workshops included in the course offer information about current working life topics and skills. The course aims to develop understanding and skills that will help you to plan and build your career path. The topics of the study sessions include, for example, the Finnish working culture, job markets, employment, and self-employment, writing of a CV, and information on how to market and promote your skills and competencies.
Students can select the lectures, events, and workshops from the course program according to their personal interests. The course can be completed with distance learning methods in JYU Moodle. However, the events and workshops can include sessions with timetable and participation requirements.
The workload of the course consists of seven (7) course sessions (lecture videos, events, or workshops) and a written final assignment.
Skills targets: After the course the student is able to do the following:
• Recognize the practices and rules of Finnish working life
• Recognize one’s own skills and describe them to others
• Manage the job-hunting process from writing job applications to job interviews
• See entrepreneurship as an employment opportunity.
The achievement of skills targets may vary according to the lectures the student selects from the course programme.
Independent study (1 cr)
The course can be completed with distance learning methods in JYU Moodle.