HISY001 Orientation to University Studies (1 cr)
Pass - fail
Department of History and Ethnology
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023
Taught course, creating of a personal study plan, and group supervision. Starting portfolio work.
The course guides students into university studies and planning their own studies appropriately.
Participation in lectures, drawing up a personal study plan and participation in supervision discussion. Sample portfolio.
After completing the course, the student will:
- be familiar with the structure and concepts of the bachelor’s and master’s degree and concepts related to these studies
- be familiar with the University of Jyväskylä degree regulations, including the rights and responsibilities therein
- be able to take responsibility for their studies related to knowledge acquisition and be familiar with the basic principles of information retrieval
- be able to plan and schedule their studies and to make a personal study plan
- be able to evaluate their choices, skills and areas requiring development and understand the significance of their choices
- be aware of the ethical principles of the university
- understand the importance of feedback as part of their studies and preparation for work
- be aware of international opportunities related to their studies.
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Teaching (1 cr)
Participation in teaching
Pass - fail