Doctoral Programme in Chemistry
The goal of the PhD program in chemistry is to educate PhD students at an advanced level in chemistry so that graduated students have broad professional expertise and skills and they are able to acquire, produce and apply knowledge. Furthermore graduated students exhibit effective teamwork, demonstrate experience on teaching activities, and are able to work on demanding tasks in academia, industry, and society.
Learning outcomes for Doctor of Philosophy from the Department of Chemistry:
- Familiarize oneself deeply with the own research field and its impact on the society.
- To be able to apply independently and critically scientific research methods and generate scientific information.
- Familiarize oneself with the development of the own research field and its basic open questions and research methods.
- Obtain sufficient general knowledge of science and fields linked to the own research field, which enables the following of their development.
- Obtain sufficient communication, language, and other transferable skills to work on broad and demanding professional and development tasks and carry out international collaboration tasks.
- Detailed description
Postgraduate Studies30+ crKEMTIESelect all (24+ cr)
Discipline specific skillsSelect min. 20 cr
Transferable skill studiesSelect all (4+ cr)
Research competenceSelect min. 2 cr
Communication skillsSelect min. 2 cr
- Any course unit
Other competence to support the construction of professional expertiseSelect min. 0 cr
DissertationSelect all (0 cr)