YJOS4220 Responsible Management and Leadership (6 cr)
- Responsibility in management and leadership
- Responsible management tools, processes and standards
- Ethical problems and ethical decision-making
- Ethics and leadership
- Ethics, values and organizational culture
- Social inclusion and gender
- Company-stakeholder relationship
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the dimensions of responsible management and leadership
- explain and understand theoretical perspectives in responsible and ethical management
- recognize and critically reflect responsibility in managing social relationships
- analyze, evaluate and solve ethical problems in different business contexts
- understand the importance of decision-making in ethically challenging situations and enhancing ethical dialogue in business
- create proposals and argue for how responsibility can be promoted by management practices and leadership activities
- reflect their own skills and competences in the light of responsible management and leadership.
Priority to YJO and RESPO students.
This course discusses responsible management and leadership in the light of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and discusses the role of responsible management in promoting the Goals.
Description of prerequisites
Recommended courses (at least one of the following): Business, Society and the Environment, Business and leadership ethics
- Prerequisite group 1
- CEMA2110 Business, Society and the Environment (5 cr)Not published for this curriculum period
- YJOA2140 Business and Leadership Ethics (5 cr)
Materials are defined in the study program annually.
Participation in teaching (6 cr)
Contact teaching course (26 hours), required attendance minimum 80%. The study methods of the contact teaching course are specified in the study program annually.
The materials are specified in the study program annually.