YCCS2120 Corporate Communication Strategies (5 cr)
This study module focuses on the strategic and responsible communication planning from an organizational perspective. It trains students to take consultative role in organizations, and to construct a research-based communication plan that supports strategic and responsible management of the organization.
Strategic communication planning requires by nature consideration of ethics and accountability while supporting effective and transparent organizations. This study module discusses how strategic communication can help organizations to engage in promoting UN’s sustainable development goals in their operational fields, focusing especially on goals 11 Sustainable cities and communities, 12 Responsible consumption and production, 16 Peace, justice and strong institutions, and 17 Partnerships.
After completing this study module, the student
· understands thoroughly how communication expert can contribute to strategic planning of the organization
· is able to evaluate organization's strategic choices from the perspective of accountability
· is able to connect communication strategy is linked to organization’s strategy
· is able to utilize communication strategically for solving organization’s problems
· is able to reason theoretically the choices of communication strategy
is able to listen to client's needs and apply one's expertise in situationally
is able to design project schedule and division of work for the team, and evaluate the input of the members of the team
Description of prerequisites
Viestinnän johtamisen tai yhteisöviestinnän aineopinnot sisältävä kandidaatintutkinto (tai vastaava opintomäärä) on suoritettu.
- Derina Holtzhausen and Ansgar Zerfass, The Routledge Handbook of Strategic Communication, New York: Routledge 2015; ISBN: 9780203094440