XESX004 Spanish Language and Latin American Media and Communication (3 cr)
- Media ownership in Latin America
- Radio is back!
- Social Media role in LA as a agenda setting
- Particulars of Latin American Television: La telenovela
- Soup opera as propaganda
- Televisa, Globo and Telesur: cultural differences
- Advertising and social class
Mode of completion
Series of lectures.
The student will have the tools to urdestand the relationship on media and politics in LA
The student will improve his/her understanding of Spanish language spoken in Latin America
The student will be aware of media role in her/his own home country.