XEN0095 Academic English Communication 1 (3 cr)
This course provides opportunities to develop oral and written academic English skills in a multicultural and multilingual environment. Through individual and group work, the course raises awareness of academic conventions and multicultural considerations. Typical tasks promote skills in academic reading, teamwork, academic language use, and preparing a coherent presentation.
Contact teaching and independent study. Compulsory attendance in class tutorials.
By the end of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- communicate and interact in multicultural and multilingual teams, negotiating and expressing opinions, in order to complete tasks,
- read and understand academic resources and evidence,
- prepare and deliver a group presentation following academic conventions, appropriate language register and structure,
- compose coherent and referenced texts,
- assess their own and peer’s skills to develop future confidence and learning.
TARGET GROUP: Primarily intended for incoming short-term exchange students
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: A2-B1 (lower intermediate - intermediate)
Description of prerequisites
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: A2-B1(lower intermediate - intermediate)