URAJ001 Creating Careers for Doctoral Students (1 cr)
The course opens up the current working life phenomena and helps develop the understanding and know-how required for job search. The course provides information on employment, job search and working life. The themes of the course are approached from both the point of view of the general working life information and especially the useful working life information for PhD students.
The course consists of two modules (General working life information and Working life information for PhD) and final essey.
Completion method: Written final essey and participation in seven (7) lectures and/or workshops that can be selected from the course programme. At least four lectures must be selected from the module "Working life information for PhD".
Written final essey and participation in at least seven lectures, of which at least four are part of the module "Working life information for PhD".
• Recognize the current and future trends of working life
• Recognize one’s own skills and describe them to others
• Manage the job-hunting process from writing job applications to job interviews
• See entrepreneurship as an employment opportunity.
• Recognize the employment opportunities for PhDs.