PSYJ1100 Doctoral dissertation (0 cr)
Doing scientific research under supervision.
The doctoral dissertation must be an independent piece of scientific research in the field of psychology. It can be either an article/compilation dissertation or a monograph.
1) And article/compilation dissertation consists of an introduction/summary and three articles.
• at least two of the articles must be published (paper, online, preprint) or accepted to be published in scientific, peer-reviewed journals (journal, edited book) and
• one of the articles can be a manuscript submitted to a scientific, peer-reviewed journal or compilation to be evaluated (cannot be a so called conference proceedings publication)
2) Monograph is a coherent and independent scientific writing that does not include separate articles or article manuscripts written by the author.
• The student is able to evaluate research in the field of psychology
Research ethical questions. The doctoral dissertations of the doctoral school of the faculty follow the ethical principles and instructions of the University of Jyväskylä and the dissertations are examined by using a plagiarism detection programme.