NANA1002 Nanoscience Tools (2 cr)
- Clean room techniques
- Laser safety
- (Bio)chemical safety of nanomaterials
- Basics of Statistical analysis and error estimations
- Fitting a function to available data
The purpose of the course is to provide basic tools and methods for interdisciplinary Nanoscience research. After passing the course student
- understands the basic principles of clean room techniques, and knows how to work inside a clean room.
- understands the basic properties of lasers, and knows the safety regulations of laser work.
- knows how to handle biologically hazardous samples in a laboratory.
- knows the special properties of nanomaterials and how to take these into account on work safety.
- can do the basic statistical analysis and error estimations.
- can fit a function to a collected date using several different software.
Luento-osuus mahdollista tehdä myös itsenäisesti.
Description of prerequisites
Lukion oppimäärä tai vastaavat tiedot
Participation in teaching (2 cr)
Indroduction to laboratory safety