LTKS1001 Advanced Research Ethics (2 cr)
Good scientific practice
Ethical fundamentals of human studies
Applying for ethical approval
Handling personal information in scientific research
Research ethics at different points in the research process
- knows ethical fundamentals of human studies
- knows when to apply for ethical approval
- knows the process of applying for ethical approval
- is proficient in safe handling of personal data
- knows the consequences of ethical impeachment
- understands the fundamentals of reporting ethical issues in scientific papers
- can identify ethical issues pertaining to their own master thesis work
- understands the importance of good scientific practice to assure societal approval
Seminar (4 hours), handling personal information in scientific research-materials and exam (online course), learning task and book exam.
Further information: The course is delivered in parallel with the master thesis seminar/ in the autumn of the fourth year. The course is taught in Finnish in the autumn and then in English in the spring term.