KUMS4024 Theory and Practice (5 cr)
Taught course. In special cases, customised completion methods are possible.
The course familiarises students with the key theoretical discussions related to their master’s thesis and students apply what they have learned to a socially relevant phenomenon. During the course, students write a theoretical essay and an academic event is held at which students present their choice of theoretical knowledge and its practical application (social interaction).
Participation in teaching, organising the event, and written and oral assignments. Customised independent study.
After completing the course, the student will:
- have an advanced understanding of the most important theoretical debate for their field
- be able to apply theory to examine a socially timely and important phenomenon
- be able to present their theoretical knowledge to the public
- have honed their skills in integrating knowledge
- know how to organise an academic conference.