KUMP1001 Introduction to Ethnology, Anthropology, and Cultural Policy (5 cr)
The course introduces students to the disciplines and interesting phenomena of ethnology, anthropology and cultural policy.
Taught course. Independent work on written assignments is possible in special cases.
80% participation in teaching, exercises and interim tests. Independent work on written assignments.
After completing the course, the student will:
- understand what KUMU is
- know what disciplines are studied at KUMU: ethnology, anthropology and cultural policy
- know what phenomena and problems KUMU examines
- be familiar with KUMU’s research task and main research questions
- be able to describe what KUMU brings to academic and societal debate and
- have an idea of what career path they could take.