KTTA1120 Introduction to Econometrics (8 cr)
Review of statistics and probability. Specification and estimation of linear regression model. Hypothesis testing. More advanced econometric methods, such as regression with panel data, regression with a binary dependent variable and method of instrumental variables. Learning to use an econometric software.
• identify and define most commonly used concepts and methods in econometrics, such as random sampling, linear regression model and ordinary least squares;
• write a summary of the results of an econometrics/empirical analysis and interpret them.
• apply econometrics methods covered during the course, such as linear regression model and associated statistical tests
• implement a small-scale econometric study
• compare econometric analyses and to evaluate them critically
Ajoitus: 2. tai 3. vuosi
Description of prerequisites
- Cock, A. C. 2006. A Gentle Introduction to Stata.; ISBN: 9781597180757
- Stock, J.H. & Watson, M.W. 2007. Introduction to Econometrics, 2. painos tai uudempi.; ISBN: 0-321-44253-9
- Baum, C. F. 2006. An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata; ISBN: 978-1597180139