KLAS1409 Learning and 21st Century Competencies: Collaboration, Creativity, and Technology (5 cr)
Core skills needed in working life, creativity, sense making in learning, collaborative learning
Participation in contact teaching and independent study, learning assignments and/or exam. Mode of completion to be specified in the Study Programme.
Assessment criteria: Active participation in teaching and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
Upon completion of the course, students will- have a fuller understanding of the nature of learning and the competencies needed in future learning environments
- be able to apply theories of collaborative learning and creativity in changing teaching and learning situations
- Hämäläinen, R. & Vähäsantanen, K. (2011). Theoretical and pedagogical perspectives on orchestrating creativity and collaborative learning. Educational Research Review, 6, 169–184.
- Arvaja, M. (2015). Experiences in sense making: Health science students’ I-positioning in an online philosophy of science course. Journal of the Learning Sciences, 24, 137-175.
- Arvaja, M. & Sarja, A. (in press). Dialogic tensions in pre-service subject teachers’ identity negotiations. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research
- De Wever, B., Hämäläinen, R., Voet, M. & Gielen, M. (2015). A wiki task for first-year university students: The effect of scripting students' collaboration. The Internet and Higher Education. 25, 37–44.
- Hämäläinen, R., De Wever, B., Nissinen, K., & Cincinnato, S. (2019). What makes the difference - PIAAC as a resource for understanding the problem-solving skills of Europe's higher-education adults. Computers & Education. 129. 27-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2018.10.013
- Lämsä, J., Hämäläinen, R., Koskinen, P., Viiri, J., & Mannonen, J. (2020). The potential of temporal analysis: Combining log data and lag sequential analysis to investigate temporal differences between scaffolded and non-scaffolded group inquiry-based learning processes. Computers & Education, 143, 103674.
See also other study materials mentioned in the study programme.