IBES2430 Innovative Marketing (5 cr)
Course provides students with the understanding of the construct of entrepreneurial marketing and its theoretical origins at the marketing and entrepreneurship interface. Exploration will cover entrepreneurial, market and customer orientations of a firm behavior. Students will study a full spectrum of marketing instruments that are especially suitable for entrepreneurial firms aiming for high growth and innovation yet faced by limited resources and industry dynamism. We explore the role of marketing in start-up firms. Invited business speakers and case studies will enlighten the recent innovative marketing approaches in practice. Students will learn of new and innovative marketing communication tactics e.g. guerrilla, digital, social media, WOM, viral marketing.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- know the recent developments in marketing thought and practice
- have insights on the theoretical foundations of entrepreneurial marketing
- know what kind of new marketing communication instruments can be used
- create an innovative marketing communication plan
- analyze, plan and implement marketing activities even when resources are scarce
- know how to use guerrilla, digital, social media, WOM, viral marketing tactics
- develop their innovative and creative thinking and problem solving skills
- produce high quality written academic reports
- improve their communication and presentation skills
- Zubin, S., Jones, R. & Harrigan, P. (editors) (2013) Entrepreneurial Marketing: Global Perspectives. Emerald.
- Collection of journal articles.
- Schindehutte, M., Morris, M. & Pitt, L. F. (2007) Rethinking Marketing. The Entrepreneurial Imperative. Prentice Hall