HYTJ3003 Academic Writing III (1–10 cr)
Academic writing and communication, the key publication channels of the field
- knows the key publication channels as well as academic text types and their writing conventions in his/her field of science
- is familiar with ethical principles related to academic writing and adheres to them
- is able to produce and edit scientific text
- knows the publishing conventions of open science and adheres to them
Doctoral-level studies arranged by the university, faculty, department or other organiser. Doctoral students select these studies upon the recommendation of their supervisors and in compliance with their doctoral study plans. Alternative completion modes are articles in scientific journals, other scientific publications or editorial duties.
Note: The scientific publication cannot be an article included in an article-based doctoral dissertation or a section of a doctoral dissertation.
Teaching language(s): Finnish, English or other language used in publications on this discipline
Assignments are assessed on the basis of how the doctoral student masters the contents of the study unit and achieves the learning outcomes of the study unit. A pass requires
- participation in teaching: active participation in contact teaching and acceptable completion of assignments requiring independent work. More detailed criteria will be provided in the course description.
- articles in domestic or international scientific journals
- other scientific publications
- editorial duties
Typical ECTS credits for publications and editorial duties:
- a peer-reviewed scientific publication 2–5 ECTS credits
- other scientific publication 1–2 ECTS credits
- editorial duties 1–5 ECTS credits (the maximum total for editorial duties is 5 ECTS credits)
You can complete a maximum of 10 ECTS credits of studies in academic writing.