HYTJ2303 Open Science III (1–5 cr)
The basics of open science and utilisation of open research
- knows the principles and practices of open science
- knows how to utilise the operating models of open science at the various stages of research
- recognises the benefits, possibilities and challenges of open science
Doctoral-level studies arranged by the university, faculty, department or other organiser. The doctoral student selects the studies upon the recommendation of supervisors and in compliance with the doctoral study plan. Alternatively, another independent completion mode can be agreed on with the supervisor-in-charge. The completion mode can be, for example, an essay or a learning diary. The study unit cannot be completed through a conference presentation, paper or poster, or through a scientific publication.
Teaching language(s): Finnish, English or other language used in this scientific community
Assignments are assessed on the basis of how the doctoral student masters the contents of the study unit and achieves the learning outcomes of the study unit. A pass requires, for example,
- participation in teaching: active participation in contact teaching and acceptable completion of assignments requiring independent work. More detailed criteria will be provided in the course description.
- independent study: acceptable completion of (written) assignments requiring independent work
You can complete a maximum of 5 ECTS credits of studies in open science.
Teacher in charge of the module, course or equivalent will announce possible literature and/or other materials.