HISS2005 Master’s Thesis (30 cr)
Department of History and Ethnology
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023
Academic thesis preparation, 40–60 pages in accordance with the Faculty template.
After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- define the limits of the research topic and connect to the field, formulate research questions or the objectives of the study
- obtain information about their research independently, draw on previous studies and evaluate them critically
- define the key concepts for the chosen research topic and apply them to their research
- select, define and put together material suitable for the research task
- apply their chosen research method to clarify research questions or work towards achieving the objectives and understand its strengths and weaknesses
- present the results of their work in a structured way, relate them to a theoretical framework and critically evaluate them
- argue and follow the principles of academic writing
- manage their working process
- adhere to the ethical principles of research work throughout.
Tiedekunnan arviointikriteerit maisterin tutkielmalle.
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Independent study (30 cr)
No published teaching