ERIS318 International Perspectives on Special Education (5 cr)
Special education, inclusive education, human rights, intervention, efficacy.
Upon completion of the course, students will
- have knowledge of the essential aspects of the development of special education
- understand the most important international agreements related to special education
- be able to compare the implementation of special education and the factors affecting this across different countries
- understand what methods are most efficient in special education and how these relate to general education
- be able to critically analyse the role and significance of special education in relation to international policy aiming at inclusive education
1. Mitchell, D. 2014. What Really Works in Special and Inclusive Education, Using evidence-based teaching strategies (2nd edition). London and New York: Routledge.
2. Article package to be specified at the beginning of the course.