EKIP2002 Exploring Grammar (2 cr)
The course is an introductory course to analyzing English using syntactic concepts and terminology.
Self-study and Moodle exam
Open University: contact teaching, web-based tasks, learning assignments, an exam or a combination of these (methods of study will be specified in the annual teaching programme before the start of each academic year).
Open University: Active participation (100% attendance usually required). Learning assignments or an exam.
- describe the structure of language using basic grammatical terminology
- distinguish the basic clause types in English from each other
- analyze written language clauses and sentences with the help of the categories presented in the course
- name and distinguish from each other the different phrases and their parts, and
- understand the connections between the different levels of structural analysis.
Description of prerequisites
The course booklet and other material provided in Moodle.