ECOS1094 Advanced invertebrate identification (2 cr)
After completing this course, the student should be able to
· explain basics of the classification of invertebrate animals.
· use the identification keys of main groups of invertebrates.
· identify invertebrates at least to family level.
· handle preserved wet and dry samples.
· recognize morphological structures used in identification.
· describe main biological and ecological features in invertebrates studied.use tools needed in identification.
Description of prerequisites
Participation in teaching (2 cr)
Compulsory attendance at the laboratory work, assignments and self-evaluation.
Identification keys and other material available in Moodle.