ECOS1088 Spatial land-use planning (3 cr)
The theoretical background and practical applications of spatial land use planning. Specific examples for conservation planning. The course involves learning-by-doing with Zonation software, which gives tools to utilize spatial data analysis in land-use planning.
After attending this course, the student:
- Knows what kind of spatial land-use planning problems can be solved with utilizing Zonation.
- Can exemplify the conservation applications of the analysis.
- Masters the basic functions of the software, understands its functional principles, and is aware of the limitations of the analysis.
- Is able to plan and conduct a simple Zonation analysis independently and knows how to acquire additional information through literature.
- Is able to plan a more complicated analysis when supported by a more experienced collaborator.
Description of prerequisites
Lectures, literature package and exercise materials in Moodle.
Teaching (3 cr)
Lectures, literature, demonstrations, learning diary, and practical exercise (group work).