ECOS1087 Nature inventory course (5 cr)
Department of Biological and Environmental Science
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023
Sampling ecological communities and population in theory and practice. Main themes include: sampling design and methods, ecological census techniques, sampling rare and threatened species, planning for ecological monitoring.
After completing the course, the student:
- is able to plan a nature inventory project based on clearly defined inventory need.
- is able to do a design and do a nature survey, which provides information on the amount, quality, and reliability of the attribute under survey.
- knows and is able to describe main sampling methods and their sources of error
- is able to discern the nature inventory as a project and describe its main phases.
- can report their project describing the progress, methods and results orally and in written text so that the goal is comprehensible, achieving the goal can be evaluated and the whole project can be repeated.
Description of prerequisites
Relevant natural history knowledge.
Course is organised every second year (spring 2022, 2024).
Reports will be evaluated (1-5)
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Participation in teaching (5 cr)
Participation in teaching
Pass - fail
No published teaching