CEMS2610 Leadership for Sustainable Change (5 cr)
This is a course about sustainable world and how to get there. First, the course provides you with the background material that you need to understand sustainability.The second part of the course concentrates on transformation theories and leadership practices. The final part of the course revolves around the learning, thinking, and philosophy of sustainability.
More specifically, you will learn
- what are the great challenges of sustainability and how they are related
- how to lead change in complex systems, for example, by utilising the circular economy
- what skills, knowledge and attitudes a professional change-maker needs
- how to make and collaborate on a concrete sustainability project plan.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- understand what are the great sustainability challenges and how are they related
- lead a change in a complex system, for example by utilizing circular economy
- identify what skills, knowledge and attitudes does a professional change-maker need
- prepare and collaborate on a concrete sustainability project plan
We'll have a joint virtual starting session on 19 January at 4 p.m. (EET, UTC+2) when the course starts.
The course is organized in collaboration with the University of Helsinki, the Tampere University, the University of Jyväskylä and the Open University of Helsinki.
More info and registration via: www.leadforsust.fi
The course is available for all students of University of Jyväskylä.