CEMS2170 Environmental Management in Stakeholder Networks (5 cr)
Stakeholder theory and stakeholder influence on environmental management. Stakeholder environmental demands and expectations. Collaboration models for environmental management in stakeholder networks. Different forms of stakeholder participation for environmental management. Stakeholder conflicts.
UN sustainable development goals:
By introducing stakeholder approach to environmental management, this course supports specifically UN Sustainable Development Goals 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure and 15 Life on land, and 17 Life partnership for the goals. Stakeholder approach support companies aims to integrate sustainable practice into value chains, reconsider value sharing and create partnerships for sustainability with public, private and civil society partners.
• identify the key aspects of stakeholder influence on environmental management;
• explain the importance of stakeholder collaboration for environmental management
• analyse, evaluate and compare corporate approaches to environmental management in stakeholder networks;
• create a synthesis report on environmental management in stakeholder networks based on academic articles following appropriate conventions of academic writing;
• write an abstract and an academic research paper in collaboration with a colleague;
• plan and deliver a conference presentation;
• act as an opponent and a critical reviewer.
- Prerequisite group 1