BENA3010 Planning and evaluating scientific research (4 cr)
The scientific method, how to obtain scientific knowledge, how to analyze and assess scientific data, how to obtain relevant literature and how to read scientific papers. Students will do their bachelor thesis (BENA3012) as a pair work. On this course (BENA3010) the students will write a seminar work (in pairs), which includes both the theoretical background of their study question and research aplan. These will be presented in the bachelor seminar course (BENA3011).
- is able to define research process
- knows the basics of scientific thinking
- is able to define the different parts of a scientific article and a research plan
- knows the basic research methods in the field
- can obtain and critically analyse and assess scientific knowledge
- can use basic databases for literature usage
- can read and evaluate scientific articles
- understands the importance of timetables in research and is able to do assignments in time
Description of prerequisites
Teaching (4 cr)
Compulsory attendance in lectures. Reports and seminar essays have to be handed in by the time given.