BENA2016 Laboratory course in biochemistry (3 cr)
Department of Biological and Environmental Science
2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023
Basic methods used in protein purification and identification are covered in practice.
After completing this course, the student should be able to
- prepare buffers.
- use the basic equipment in laboratory.
- perform chromatographic separation, SDS-PAGE electrophoresis and Western blotting.
- explain the theory of these methods.
- analyze the results with Excel.
- understand the meaning of the results.
- write laboratory logbook and report.
Description of prerequisites
Attendance is compulsory. Grading is based on working in laboratory, seminar, laboratory logbook and report. More specific assessment criteria will be given at the beginning of the course.
Time of teaching:
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Teaching (3 cr)
Participation in teaching
The course includes introduction lecture, seminars, laboratory work and report.