BENA2015 Protein structure and function (3 cr)
Course covers five (5) topics, for which material studied material is told. Students study independently/in groups the provided material. Then the material is discussed together. Finally, there will be quiz-type practices on each topic.
1. Structural levels of proteins and principles of folding, 2. protein function, 3. enzyme function, 4. basics of protein structure determination, 5. cellular signaling.
Independent work, lecture type of working and practices.
Grading is based on organized quizzes
- Basics of protein structure and function
- Molecular interactions
- Flexibility of biomolecules and recognition of other molecules
- Protein structure in a wider context
- Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry; ISBN: 1-4641-2611-9
Teaching (3 cr)
Independent work, lecture-type of working and practices.