YRIS2450 Aalto Strategy Case Competition (3 cr)
Aalto Strategy Case Competition is organized annually in March-April. Teams of four sign up and complete a pre-assignment. Based on the pre-assignment, the competition organizers choose the teams to the semi-final held in Helsinki. Based on the first competition day performance, the jury chooses teams for the second-day final. Teams will compete in strategic analysis and strategy formulation for a real Finnish case company to test their skills in teamwork, analysis, and presentation. Teams who are successful in the pre-assignment, are selected to the semi-final, and take part in it will get 3 ects.
Participation in an case competition: Aalto Strategy Case Competition, Spring semester, 3rd period.
Accepted completion of the designated assignments. The assessment criteria of the course is specified in the study program annually.
• solve a complex real-world case focusing strategic analysis and strategy formulation;
• learn to work very efficiently in a small team under enormous time pressure;
• present their solutions in a very compact but highly convincing way;
• deliver a highly competitive report to a panel of academic advisors;
• and if chosen to the finals, present their work to a panel of highly esteemed judges and a large audience of chosen representatives from industry, academia and the social sector in Geneva.